2022 NCCS Scholarship Recipients
In 2022, the National Catholic Committee on Scouting (NCCS) is pleased to announce that nine scholarships totaling $25,000 have been awarded this year. These included seven Emmett J Doerr Memorial Scout Scholarships totaling $20,000: First Place – $5,000, Second Place – $4,000, Third Place – $3,000, plus four additional $2,000 awards. New this year is a $2,000 Bill and Kay Davies Scholarship and a $3,000 Frank Parater Scholarship.
Congratulations to the nine exceptional Scouts who have been awarded NCCS Scholarships in 2022. Each winner demonstrated outstanding leadership and service in four areas: Church, Community, School, and Scouting, earned the Eagle, Summit, or Quartermaster award, and at least one of the following, Ad Altare Dei, Pope Pius XII, or Light is Life (Eastern Rite) Religious Emblem. Since 2005, NCCS has awarded a total of $218,000 in scholarships to 98 Scouts nationwide.
THE 2022 EMMETT J. DOERR Memorial Scout Scholarship Recipients
- $5,000 – Joshua Soberano, Tyrone, GA, Archdiocese of Atlanta, Flint River Council
- $4,000 – Michael Brierton, Junction City, WI, Archdiocese of Lacrosse, Samoset Council
- $3,000 – Thomas Kopasko, Harrison City, PA Diocese of Greensburg, Westmoreland-Fayette Council
- $2,000 – Matthew Korf, Woodbury, MN, Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Northern Star Council
- $2,000 – Anthony Haiduk, Groom, TX, Diocese of Amarillo, Golden Spread Council
- $2,000 – Patrick McGreevey, Appleton, WI, Diocese of Green Bay, Bay Lakes Council
- $2,000 – Evan Nazareth, Cary, NC, Archdiocese of Raleigh, Occoneechee Council
BILL AND KAY DAVIES SCHOLARSHIP
- $2,000 – Theodore Paul Kariuki, Bloomington, MN, Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Northern Star Council
FRANK PARATER SCHOLARSHIP
- $3,000 – Matthew Fries, Bartlesville, OK, Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, Cherokee Area Council