This recognition can be made to a Scout, a Catholic Scouting leader, a parish or Catholic School leader or another person who utilizes Catholic Scouting to instill in Catholic adults and youth the tenets of the Catholic Faith, furthering the mission of Catholic Scouting. There are no specific requirements to complete; this recognition is made at the discretion of Diocesan/Eparchial Catholic Committees on Scouting.
The Duty to God Recognition is to be used to recognize those for their contribution and support to Catholic Scouting. There are many situations in which this recognition can be made and many potential recipients:
- Youth Ministers, Directors of Religious Education and Faith Formation coordinators who support Scouting
- Adult Leaders of Packs, Troops, Venture and Sea Scout Crews
- Religious Emblems Counselors
- Pack, Troop, Sea Scout and Venture Crews working on/Completing Religious Emblem(s)
- Clergy – priests, religious and bishops supporting Scouting
- Youth/Adult Members of National Catholic Quality Unit Award – Pope Paul VI
- Youth/Adult completing a service project or attending a retreat
- Youth/Adult member of a Gold Medallion Unit winner or finalist
- Youth/Adult participating in the St. George Trek
- Person(s) contacted to start a new unit
- Person(s) completing another phase of training
- Unit(s) presenting their own clergy, youth ministers, etc., involved in “Scouting as Youth Ministry”
- Members of Diocesan/Eparchial Catholic Committees on Scouting
- Attendees at Philmont Training Center (Scouting in the Catholic Church)
- Attendees at an NCCS Biennial Conference
- Actively serving on an NCCS Committee
- Members of non-Catholic sponsored units encouraging its Catholics to earn Catholic Religious Emblems Awards
To nominate an individual for Duty to God Recognition, contact your Diocesan/Eparchial Catholic Committee on Scouting.
If you have any questions or comments about this recognition, please contact NCCS at 214-714-6950 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those recipients who do not have a Scout uniform, you may download a Duty to God certificate template, which is a template you can open, enter the recipient’s name, and print. It is suggested that the certificate be printed on certificate-weight paper and the patch be affixed on the certificate above its printed facsimile.