- Spiritual formation of Catholic youth through promotion and support of chaplaincy in Scouting programs.
The Chaplain Committee
- A committee of Chaplains with a lay liaison (advisor)
- The Chaplain’s Committee develops and promotes literature, materials, resources and programs suitable for use by Catholic Scout Chaplains.
- Develop and maintain a certification process for Catholic Scout Chaplains (at all levels) to encourage a sense of professionalism.
- In cooperation with the host diocese, promote, organize and coordinate liturgies and prayer services at NCCS conferences and biennial meetings.
- Liturgies for all annual meetings
- Philmont Chaplaincy staffing
- Chaplain orientation at biennial meeting
- Oversee certification process for Catholic Scout Chaplains
- Create cards for currently certified Catholic Scout Chaplains
- Recruit Jamboree Chaplains
All Troop, Summer Camp, Diocesan and Regional Chaplains are encouraged to seek Basic Catholic Scout Chaplain Certification through NCCS. The Chaplain Committee reviews certification applications, interviews applicants and issues decisions on approval. Find out more about Basic Catholic Scout Chaplain Certification.