- Spiritual formation of Catholic youth through development and support of exemplary Scouting related activities.
- Develop and maintain religious program (retreats, Cub days, visits to seminaries, etc.) support literature for use by diocesan committees, e.g. guidelines for diocesan events.
- Develop, plan, promote, evaluate, and support NCCS-approved programs of national impact such as the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) participation, the St. George Trek, World Youth Day, etc.
- Encourage the selection of regional Scouting youth representatives at NCYC
- Recognize successful programs with the Activity Award of Excellence
- Coordinate an “Ideas Fair” at the Biennial Meeting
- In coordination with the Chaplains Committee, keep the “A Scout is Reverent” manual for Scouts up to date.
- Oversee logistical and program planning for St. George Trek
- Prepare and maintain guides for successful religious activities (e.g., Cub Days of Recollection, Scout retreats, Scout Sunday programs, etc.)
- Develop special, topical national religious activities as opportunities present themselves (e.g., Laudato Si)
- Prepare workshops for annual conferences to support Diocesan/Eparchial Catholic Committees on Scouting in development of successful religious activities and events
- NCYC (Promotion of Scout Participation)
- World Youth Day